Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rag rug for Randi

Yep, get used to posts with many weeks in between. I've come to the realization that I probably won't be good at this for awhile to come.

On to the post.

Another item for Randi's room makeover! I love the shabby chic look and if you were to buy one of these at, oh say Pottery Barn, it could cost you a good $200-$600 buckeroos! There a couple different styles, but I chose to crochet my rug since I already know how to crochet. For those of you who are interested in learning, there are several great free sites out there. A great one that has just about everything in step by step video tutorials is this one. The site I used to know how to make my rug is this one. Now for pictures!













So just with some old sheets of choice and a crochet hook you can make your own rug! Seriously it's that easy.

3 comments:

Edwards. said...

thats awesome em! it is so cute!

Jessica said...

This rug is adorable! I need some in my kitchen and I think this is a fun and cheap alternative to buying one.
Bytheway, this is Jessica. I'm Wes' wife. I had no idea you had a craft blog. Do you mind if I put your blog link on mine? So I can see what your up to? I do to! You should check it out sometime.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com
justenoughstyle.etsy.com

Emily said...

Thank you Jessica. Of course you can link me! I will be sure to check your blog out. :)